Who doesn’t love a good dessert? I have been on a low carb/keto friendly diet since July of 2017. I love a sweet treat at the end of the day. Honestly, I have so many less cravings, but when I do, this is usually my go to:
- 1 8 oz container of Mascarpone Cheese (room temperature) (cream cheese can be used
- in it’s place)
- 2 cups fresh rasberries
- 1/3 cup Swerve (a natural sweetener that does not spike your insulin level and no bitter aftertaste)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- dash of salt
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
Blend all of this together with a mixer until the heavy cream sets and then gently layer cheese mixture, rasberries, cheese mixture, rasberries. The nice thing about this recipe, is that it is so versatile. Here are a few flavor ideas, if you should get bored with this recipe.
You only need about a tablespoon to satisfy you (think fat bomb).
- Chocolate: Melt a square or two of unsweet chocolate and add it to the mix.
- Mocha: Add a shot of espresso or cold brew coffee shots and a square of melted unsweet chocolate
- Almond: Use almond extract instead of vanilla or add it in addition too.
- Almond Joy: Use almond extract, add a 1/4 cup toasted unsweet coconut
- Cheesecake: Use cream cheese instead of mascarpone
- Pecan crumble topping – saute some pecans in butter and swerve, dash of cinnamon
- Fancy – mix rasberries with some balsamic vinegar and a touch of swerve (to taste)
- Reeses: Add 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter and some melted unsweet chocoloate
Be creative and explore your cravings, please feel free to add any flavor profiles that you try and love.
Note: This post contains affiliate links which provide me with a small commission when you make a purchase through those links. The profits go to the support of my family and this blog. Thank you!