Ever have a bottle tip over and start leaking your beverage of choice all over the floor of your car, carseat, laptop, important business papers, onto your clothes? I have, what a mess and always at the worst time.
We found these Contigo bottles about 1.5 years ago and we LOVE them, which is why I have to tell you all about them. Not only do they look fabulous and have many different color lids, they autoseal, are leak and spill proof.
Adult Contigo Bottles
- Two sizes: 20 oz Contigo Bottles and 24 oz Contigo bottles
- No straw or nipple mouthpiece, they can get nasty, you know what i’m talking about
- Keeps ice for up to 28 hours
- Snap lock and a handle, for easy carrying
- Multiple colored tops
- Fits in a standard cup holder
- Cleaning is a breeze with this bottle brush for $4.99 from Oxo
- Lid is dishwasher safe – top shelf only
- Hand wash the bottle – to preserve the vacuum seal
We have 4 bottles with different color lids to help tell them apart, the lids are universal and fit both the 24 and 20 oz sizes.
- Nightstand, the cats used to drink from our water glass and would frequently tip it over in the middle of the night
- Travel, when traveling by plane, we bring them empty and fill them up once we get to the otherside of security
Tips and Tricks:
- Release the pressure inside before you drink (especially if you are flying). Push the button, pop the top, then drink
- Don’t use them for hot liquid
- Don’t get the painted/colored stainless steel versions, they are pretty, but the color ends up peeling off
Our grandkids (2 & 4 years old) loved ours so much, we looked for a kids version and THEY HAD ONE! Look at the color options and Mama loves them too.
Kids Contigo Bottles
- 100% BPA free
- 14 oz Contigo kids have multiple color options (2 or 3 packs)
- Dishwasher safe – top rack, both pieces
- Easy to use
- No straws or leaks, they autoseal and are spill proof
- Fits in the cup holder on the car seat or backpacks
We have tried 54 oz Bubba’s and they are nice and big and have big wide bottoms, but if they knock over, they leak and they don’t fit into your car cup holder. The Tervis and Yeti tumblers, keep your beverage cold, but the straw hole is going to leak when it tips over.
Contigo also has a great customer service department and warranty. My lid broke, I called, and they sent me a replacement right away!
Give them a try and let us know what you think!